“Motivation is what sets you in motion, habit is what keeps you going” – Jim Ryun
Developing the best possible habits to excel in your academics is advisable to all students. That’s why Mastering It and Diskonto decided to partner together and bring you our Top 5 study technique tips!
Diskonto has a wide variety of resources for any student (https://www.diskonto.net/) and Mastering It will help you to utilise those resources to invest in your study techniques.
So let’s have a look at what resources you can use when:
- We recommend using these business envelopes from Diskonto in order to keep all your academic material organised.
- You can organise your worksheets, handouts and other academic notes in one place.
- You don’t want to wait until the exams and then try and find all your papers! Keep it organised from the start to make things easier for yourself.
- Summaries are a great way of getting more involved with your academic work.
- We recommend using these hard cover books from Diskonto in order to summarize different modules you are studying. All your notes, mind maps, drawings and graphs in one place!
- Get creative and use techniques such as mind maps, bullet points, pictures and story telling. Also make use of a variety of colours of pens and highlighters!
- This is an important technique to use to emphasise important terms and headings.
- You do not want to highlight big chunks of information but rather those terms you want to draw your attention to.
- Make use of different colours and really engage with the academic work. You can even make a colour system: blue for headings, green for places/people, yellow for dates, etc.
4. ASK QUESTIONS
- While you are studying, you want to memorise as much content as possible during each session.
- At the end of your studying, the best way to test whether you know your work, is to ask questions.
- This will show which work you know best or which work you should focus more of your attention on.
- We recommend using Exam pads from Diskonto to write questions as you go through the work or you can use them to work through past papers as well!
- It is important to be exposed to the content you want to remember as much as possible.
- We recommend these index cards from Diskonto to use as memory cards.
- Write down different content on each index card, go through them as often as possible and remember more! You can even use them to write questions on one side and answers on the other in order to test yourself.
Be sure to join one of our upcoming STUDY TECHNIQUE WORKSHOPS!
Visit our Facebook Event Page for dates.