Interviews are pretty daunting.. but unfortunately they’re an unavoidable step in any job application.
Wouldn’t it be great to walk into an interview knowing exactly what to expect, what to wear, and knowing the ins and outs of interview etiquette?
Well read on!
Here are our TOP TIPS for interviews:
- Dress appropriately. Not every job interview requires a blazer or pencil skirt — keep in mind the kind of work you would be doing. Research the company for any dress policies and keep these in mind when dressing for the interview.
- Research the company. Have a look at their website, social media pages or any mentions of them in the news. Having an understanding of the company will not only make you seem well-informed and competent, it will also help in answering questions, as you can link your experience and background to the company and its goals.
- Prepare your answers to the standard interview questions. Have a short summary about yourself and an answer to “why did you apply for this position?” ready to go.
- Make sure you understand the job description. Read and reread the job description, highlight specific skills or tasks that you feel you are good at, and bring these up during the interview. Even better, have examples from past work experiences to back these skills up.
- Always have your own questions prepared. This shows you are taking the interview and the possibility of working with them seriously, and is bound to impress.
- Lastly, don’t forget your manners! Arrive on time, greet everyone, say thank you, never interrupt, and ensure that you thank the interviewer for their time.
By applying these TOP TIPS, you are sure to put your best foot forward during any interview!